Sunday, November 1, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We had a great Halloween!  JR's parent's were coming up to see the kids so we decided to have an impromptu birthday party for Olivia. Her birthday isn't until the 8th of November but, since we don't know when Ruby is going to make Her entrance we decided it would be smart to celebrate a little early.  My Mom was on Her way home from visiting Gina in Vegas and made it just in time for cake and trick or treating. My Dad had mandatory overtime at the plant and wasn't able to come.  We miss Him a lot!  I made a pumpkin shaped cake and I guess I should have overbaked it so it would be more stiff and stay together because it had a blow out on the bottom and the top layer started slidding off!  Oh well I tried!  And it tasted really good and moist.  Gracie was the corpse bride, Allison was a vampire, and Olivia was a ladybug.  She wouldn't wear Her antennae so I just did cute pig tails.  We had a lot of fun and while we were leaving the trunk or treat we saw the Headless Horseman!  He looked so cool!  He came galloping down the road holding a lantern and then He went around the park where the trunk or treat was.  I love people that get into the Holiday spirit!  We missed trick or treating at Dave and Calie's because they were in Orangeville.  But the kids were sick and so was I so we just loaded up at the trunk or treat and went home.  Andy came down and brought His new girlfriend Lisa over to meet us and brought Liv a birthday present.  It was fun to hang out and talk with them for a while.  The girls have a dance performance this next Saturday.  Think I'll make it?!  I don't know!  It would be funny to see JR try to get them ready for it!  He's just not a hairdoin' costume kind of guy!  Well, I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!  Can't wait to see the pictures of all the cute kids!

No comments:

Grandma's Tile Table

Grandma's Tile Table

Tile Table

When my Grandma Johnson's house was being cleaned out we came across some extra tiles from when my Grandpa had tiled her kitchen for her. She loved blue and I'm sure she was delighted when He put up these blue white and brown tiles. Her kitchen was always where family congregated, as she was an excellent cook, and we all spent countless hours there with her and Grandpa. I remember a time when I was pregnant and my Mom and I had driven up to Provo to do some shopping. We talked about going to see grandma before we drove home and I said "Wow, you know I am really craving her apple pie right now! Wouldn't that be awesome if she had baked one today." Well as luck would have it we pulled up just as it was coming out of the oven. She didn't even know we were coming to visit! She had just felt like baking a pie. I have a zillion memories of her in her kitchen and so when her house sold I knew I needed a little piece of something that would stir up good feelings every time I looked at it. Nothing could be more perfect than tiles from her kitchen. So a couple of days ago I finally dug the tiles out and made a mosaic table for my front porch. I love it, and love having a little reminder of her.