Monday, October 5, 2009

Stuff.

I have been busy. Really. I have. I have been working on getting the quilts for Olivia and Ruby's room done. I finished the baby quilt and right now I am quilting Liv's twin size quilt. The whole thing was kind of a nightmare because there was this awesome pattern at the quilt shop that I really wanted and the ladies there told me it would be available in September. This was back in July so I said "No way can I wait until september, I'll just buy the fabric now and start on it. Well they only had half the fabric but they said it was already ordered, so I bought what they had. And I waited, and waited, and went crazy waiting for this stupid fabric that I just had to have. In the mean time I made the twin quilt for Liv. Well to make a long story short the fabric was finally discontinued and the lady that had come up with the pattern for the quilt I wanted decided she didn't want anyone else to have this particular quilt so she wasn't selling the pattern! So I had to improvise and find a different pattern and mix and match with different fabric lines to come up with something because TIME IS RUNNING OUT! So in the next few weeks I am going to try to pull the room together. Amidst all of that baby nesting junk the girls started dance classes at the first of september and they are loving it! Even Olivia! A couple of weeks ago we went to "Into the Woods" at the Scera Center in Orem to watch my Aunt Laura. She plays the witch and she was AWESOME! It was a really fun night. Gracie and Allison love school and are doing really well. Olivia goes to Joy school on Tuesdays and I know that she feels like she is such a big girl! Life is fun and hectic and I am anxious to see what this new baby girl is going to be like!

Me at about 34 weeks.























Olivia's twin quilt. Basted and ready for quilting!








Baby Ruby's Quilt.












































First day of Dance Class!


























































4 comments:

Graham said...

I LOVE those quilts! I have alot of projects too that I need to finish and it seems like there isn't enough time at all and I have longer than you. You look like you shoved a basketball up your shirt! lol So cute!

The Christman's said...

You look fantastic girl! I hope that you are feeling well on your final stretch of pregnancy. Love the quilts! You are oh so talented!

Steph said...

You look adorable. You have been a busy girl, I love the quilts. Your girls will love them forever.

Anonymous said...

way to go Tammy These are adorable quilts. So are the girls I miss seeing you guys. Let us know when the baby Ruby gets here. Love always Jan and Steve

Grandma's Tile Table

Grandma's Tile Table

Tile Table

When my Grandma Johnson's house was being cleaned out we came across some extra tiles from when my Grandpa had tiled her kitchen for her. She loved blue and I'm sure she was delighted when He put up these blue white and brown tiles. Her kitchen was always where family congregated, as she was an excellent cook, and we all spent countless hours there with her and Grandpa. I remember a time when I was pregnant and my Mom and I had driven up to Provo to do some shopping. We talked about going to see grandma before we drove home and I said "Wow, you know I am really craving her apple pie right now! Wouldn't that be awesome if she had baked one today." Well as luck would have it we pulled up just as it was coming out of the oven. She didn't even know we were coming to visit! She had just felt like baking a pie. I have a zillion memories of her in her kitchen and so when her house sold I knew I needed a little piece of something that would stir up good feelings every time I looked at it. Nothing could be more perfect than tiles from her kitchen. So a couple of days ago I finally dug the tiles out and made a mosaic table for my front porch. I love it, and love having a little reminder of her.