Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best dog EVER!


Possum, a.k.a The Best Dog That Ever Lived, died on Saturday the 13th of December. She had been going down hill for a while and finally there was no other choice but to have her put to sleep. My Mom and Dad had to make that decision. Thank goodness it wasn't me because I don't think I could have done it. But seeing her suffer is harder. We were fortunate to have her with us for a long time. I think I was 11 when we got her as a pup. She was so energetic and fun to play with. I don't think she ever grew out of the puppy stage! She was Andy's shadow most of the time. Probably because He took her fun places where she could get muddy and chase squirrels. She loved to bite the sprinklers and play fetch. I appreciated her tenderness when my baby girls would tug at her ears and pull her tail and she wasn't quick to nip at them. A dog like her comes around once in a lifetime...it's just too bad she couldn't stay a lifetime too. Love ya Poss!



1 comment:

Jess and Broadie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your doggie :-( that makes me sad! My pup is like one of my kids and I dread the day that I loose him, its too bad they can't out live us :-) Hope you guys have Happy Holidays!

Grandma's Tile Table

Grandma's Tile Table

Tile Table

When my Grandma Johnson's house was being cleaned out we came across some extra tiles from when my Grandpa had tiled her kitchen for her. She loved blue and I'm sure she was delighted when He put up these blue white and brown tiles. Her kitchen was always where family congregated, as she was an excellent cook, and we all spent countless hours there with her and Grandpa. I remember a time when I was pregnant and my Mom and I had driven up to Provo to do some shopping. We talked about going to see grandma before we drove home and I said "Wow, you know I am really craving her apple pie right now! Wouldn't that be awesome if she had baked one today." Well as luck would have it we pulled up just as it was coming out of the oven. She didn't even know we were coming to visit! She had just felt like baking a pie. I have a zillion memories of her in her kitchen and so when her house sold I knew I needed a little piece of something that would stir up good feelings every time I looked at it. Nothing could be more perfect than tiles from her kitchen. So a couple of days ago I finally dug the tiles out and made a mosaic table for my front porch. I love it, and love having a little reminder of her.